What We Do
- Our goal is to provide families with the information they need to manage asthma at home.
- Services range from a one time consultation to a four session Open Airways Program*.
- Call for an appointment with a certified asthma educator and set up a program that works for you.
Learn more about:
- Signs and symptoms of asthma
- Asthma triggers
- Asthma medications-including the use and care of medication delivery devices
- Peak flow meters and asthma diaries
- Asthma management plans
- Free of charge
Asthma and allergy cleaning tips
Summer cleaning tips for people with allergies and asthma
- Don’t dry bedding on clotheslines if you are allergic to pollen
- Check to see if it is time to change HEPA filter in the vacuum cleaner
- Make sure the filter in your air-conditioner is clean
Fall cleaning tips for people with allergies and asthma
- Wash bedding in hot water every 10-14 days if you are allergic to dust
- Pour cleaners onto the cleaning cloth instead of spraying
- Use cleaners that do not have a strong smell or perfume (mild soap and water is often all you need)
Winter cleaning tips for people with asthma and allergies
- Try to clean when the person with asthma and allergies is not home
- Clean mildew with soap and water. Bleach is not needed and the smell is too strong.
- Don’t use humidifiers unless you are told to by a doctor. Clean them daily if you have to use one.
Spring cleaning tips for people with asthma and allergies
- When dusting, use a damp paper towel then throw it out.
- Make sure to empty and clean drip pans under refrigerators
- Clean up any leftover food right away to keep mice and other pests out of your home